Exercise in all it's forms, is excellent for our health and well being. As described in the lesson Joy Of Movement, before you start a new exercise regime, it is important to take into account your exercise history, your current health as well as any injuries you may have incurred in the past.
Here's some helpful tips about exercise, how often you should do it and the average resting heart rate for both men and women.
How often should you exercise?
- For health? 3-5 times per week. 30min per day
- For weight loss? 6-7 times per week (2 hrs+)
- For strength? 2-3 non-consecutive days
- For fitness? 2-3 non-consecutive days
Resting Heart Rate Averages
How long should exercise session be?
When starting – do what fits your life and fitness level
- Depends on desired effect
- Adult = 150 min of moderate intensity per week
- 30-60 min 5 days per week/moderate intensity
- 20-60 min of vigorous intensity 3 times per week
- Work your way up to that
- Train each muscle group 1-2 times per week
- 8 -10 exercises of 2-3 sets(45min)
- Daily – after each workout
- 10-30 seconds per stretch
- 10minutes – JOM youtube
- Record your sessions.
- Use your iPod.
- Do things you enjoy e.g. hiking, touch rugby, play with the kids or grand children
- Get comfortable clothes + correct sizes.
- Park the car further.
- Use the stairs.
- Exercise while watching your favorite show.
- Keep training kit in your car.
- There is not enough time – there are 1440 minutes in a day. You need 30
- Too tired – make changes , train in the morning, check your diet, check your sleep patterns
- Family or work come first – Exercise makes you a better version of yourself
- Gym is too intimidating
- I get bored
- I don’t know what to do.